SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 21 May 2017

Early Bird, Family Day & Titchwell RSPB!

A Cuckoo was calling continuously at 2.15am!!!! I listened in disbelief! Stuck my head out of the window and yes, there was a Cuckoo calling – I wasn't dreaming! Never heard one at this time of night! Odd!!!

Did a Couch To 5K run this morning and saw a Barn Owl carrying prey (looked like a rat), a Cuckoo calling and a few Whitethroats, not bad for 'Urban Birding'!!!

Spent the rest of the day with my mother and sisters at Holme. Did some clearing in the garden with my shears for mother – her garden is like a jungle! Then spent the evening at Titchwell RSPB. Heard the Turtle Dove in the car park. Saw and heard two Cetti's Warblers, Sedge Warblers singing, Blackcap, Blackbirds collecting food, Marsh Harrier, Robins, Herons, a Chinese Water Deer, a Muntjac and the highlight was a Bittern booming!

Back to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny
    I took my Mum to Titchwell for 6am yesterday, my Dad won't go birdwatching that early these days, she loved it. Had great views of the Cettis, the one round the meadow trail(?). He's been showing so well, especially in the bush left of the bench, its been brilliant in the last few weeks. My highlight as well was hearing a bittern booming, 8 times over 3 hours. Fantastic. One day I'll see one at Titchwell.
    Must try and get there in the evening straight from the train.
    I enjoy reading your updates.
    My parents remember your Dad from years ago. Keep remembering all the wonderful times and memories with him and about him, even the littlest.
    Take care
    Julie

    ReplyDelete