NORFOLK BIRD NEWS AND UK MEGA'S POSTED DAILY, PHOTOS, BIRDING AND MORE!

Since 8th September there has been an issue with my link to the FatBirder Website, my ranking is normally No.10! For some unknown reason the F.B website is not recognising my actual daily views, so I'm dropping like a stone on their rankings! BUT in reality I'm not, my Stats for my blog remain the same. Please bear with me until this is sorted! Update 19th September – might be sorted now! Slowing climbing back up - will remove this message when I get back to No.10!



Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07624 800479
Norfolk Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

Sunday, 26 February 2017

Day 4 – Memories

Taking my Father out in my Hyundai Coupé
26th July 2008

Memories have been racing through my mind of sunny days spent with father – the above picture was taken by my mother outside their house at Holme. I was taking Father to photograph Green Tiger Beetles at Dersingham Bog. I remember the day clearly – we found one half way up a slope, but Father had a job to photograph it because it was too sunny/hazy. I took his hat and used it as a shadow to darken the picture and he told me I was a good camera assistant. I had no SLR and didn't take up photography myself until 2010.
Father at home in August 2014

Today has been pretty gloomy. I could have slept all day, but went over to Mother's fairly early this morning – cooked my breakfast and then just sat around. Mother had received a lovely card from Sophie and on behalf of the NOA and another from Pauline and Clifford Rumbelow, who live a few doors away. Local lady Marilyn F. popped in with a card and spent an hour with us, which was very nice of her – thank you.

Mother and I cooked a late lunch and then both fell asleep – when I woke up it was dark! We both talked through the decisions we need to make over the next few days, but didn't come up with any answers. I left to go home mid evening. I had a wonderful surprise of a 'Jacquie Lawson' E-card from our dearest friends Malcolm and Eileen White from Heacham – such a beautiful video and touching words with happy memories – thank you both so much xxx.

Tomorrow is going to be stressful. My sisters and I will be with Mother all day. We get the results of the post-mortem (if it is carried out tomorrow as they stated). The Funeral Directors are coming to chat with us in the morning. I had no idea how awful everything is when someone so close dies and the decisions you have to make. I have to iron Father's final set of clothes early tomorrow to give to the funeral directors.

Thank you all for the continued messages of support by email and social media – it is much appreciated. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. When you lose your first parent there is a lot to learn. And I think the shock is much greater which makes it doubly difficult. Hopefully your undertaker will take a lot of the strain Which should allow you to grieve and to support mum. I don't think children really become adults until they lose a parent so you have that to adjust to as well. By taking it a day at a time you find a new normality. X

    ReplyDelete