SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 25 December 2016

CHRISTMAS DAY AT HOLME!

Today went very smoothly compared to yesterday's dramas! Sunny day here in Norfolk for most of the day, with very warm south west winds – weirdly warm for Christmas day!

I had to cook most of the Christmas dinner at my house this morning, in case the gas cylinder didn't last at Mother's house and then transported it all to Holme, picking Lucy up on route. We sat down to eat our vegetarian meal at 2pm and I had some lovely compliments from Lucy and Mother about what a lovely dinner it was. I did a good job of keeping Mother out of the kitchen for the majority of the day and Lucy helped me wash up. I burnt my thumb on a saucepan quite badly and after running it under cold water, got my first aid kit from the car and rescued it with burn lotion and a bandage.

Several desserts later, we all collapsed in the living room in a lethargic state! We had a lovely phone call from Maurice and Audrey Eccleshall, (NOA members from years ago) to kindly wish us Merry Christmas. I spoke to both Maurice and Audrey – Maurice declared he had been in the kitchen all day – 'ditto' I replied. I phoned the care home to ask after Father, who had been up all night and was now asleep. The staff were keeping all residents affected by D&V in their bedrooms, to try and contain it. What an awful Christmas for the residents – it was very difficult not to think about Father today – being stuck in one room for several days is going to be hell for him, how awful.

Lucy was in a brilliant and amusing mood today, she keep me laughing all day. We didn't open our presents until 6pm! I even bought the spoilt cat a present – two M&S chicken & gravy meals! We all chatted to Vivien on the phone this evening and although her and Ray had enjoyed their meal out in Ely, Ray was pretty ill with the rotten cold virus that is doing the rounds. Lucy and I left Mother and the cat at 10pm and we car danced and sang on the way home! No more punctures, result! It was a beautiful night sky, filled with twinkly stars – a better day than I thought it was going to be.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE
AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A LOVELY DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment