SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 14 August 2015

Friday Update!

I resisted going out birding this evening, even though there had obviously been a good fall of migrants. It was raining steadily when I left work and the skies were dark and gloomy, which mean't darkness would fall even sooner this evening. I knew that if I went out I would be out until dark, home late and up late!!!

My evening was full of laborious chores including a massive pile of ironing, cooking tea, chilled for a bit and then hit the supermarket. Made all diet food for tomorrow, did blog, now sleep!!!

What a fantastic record of 1,300 Mediterranean Gulls late this evening at Breydon Water!!! That has to be a record surely?

Icterine Warblers, Pied Flys, Redstarts and Whinchats...... that's enough to get me out early doors!!! I have next Thursday and Friday off, so looking forward to four days off. Will probably go to the Bird Fair on the Saturday – I didn't go last year at all, so will make an effort this year, but can't afford to go all three days like I used to I'm afraid.

High Tide – King's Lynn Docks
Saturday: 7.45 and 20.08  Sunday: 8.12 and 20.40

Weather:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2646403 

Saturday
North Westerly Winds. Thicker cloud and patchy rain may linger near the east coast for a time. Elsewhere, dry with sunny intervals. Feeling pleasantly warm in the sunshine, but a fresher feel.

Sunday to Tuesday
North Westerly Winds veering North Easterly around 17.00 on Sunday. A quieter spell with a lot of dry weather and some pleasantly warm sunny intervals. Isolated light showers are possible, perhaps more likely on Monday.
HAPPY BIRDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment