SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Hot, Hot, Hot!!!

Hottest day in the UK for nine years!!!

It was so hot at work yesterday, today was a joke! Our team is normally very happy, but the intensity of the heat got to us all today. Its pretty disgusting when your entire uniform is wet with the heat!

Second cold shower of the day as soon as I got home from work – that felt so good.

Had some very important emails to sort and also had to finalise Mother's on-line shop and then drove to Hunstanton to buy fish 'n' chips and chips for Mother. My father looked boiling, he face was red and his forehead and hands felt hot, his hands are always freezing normally – yet when I asked him several times, he insisted that he wasn't hot and that he had felt cold several times today. He sat there in a jumper!!! When I saw the jumper, it made me feel ill!

On the way home I decided to go to Sainsburys – its so hot, I'm not going to get much sleep tonight. There was hardly a soul in there and it was freezing cold, it was heaven!!! Coolest place to be until I stepped back out into the carpark. Don't think many of us will get much sleep tonight. My house is baking!

1 comment:

  1. Puts a whole new meaning to 'Penny's Hot Birding' doens't it!

    ReplyDelete