SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 28 March 2015

Father Is Home....Again!

An electrican came out this morning to rig up my new light in kitchen at 8.30am – took 1 minute! Had to do several jobs this morning that I was supposed to do at the beginning of the week, before the hospital saga! Had to make numerous phone calls to the hospital and spent a long time talking to an excellent locum physio called Nick W., who had walked Father 10 metres with a rollator frame yesterday and 5 metres today. He also made a very interesting diagonosis of my Father, which he thought I would be alarmed by, but I wasn't – lots of things now make sense, although not appropriate to talk about on here really – well, not at the moment anyway. Family friends Eileen and Malcolm very, very kindly popped over to Mother's this morning, to give her some pads etc for Father – thank you very much indeed x.

The ambulance transport was booked for 2pm to take Father home, but on a Saturday it can be any time. Did food shopping for Mother and other errands and arrived at Holme around 2.20pm. Mother and I chatted, prepared for Father's arrival, had cat naps and twiddled our thumbs. He eventually turned up at just after 6pm!!! He was very emotional and pleased to be home. As last time, it was a job for the ambulance crew to get Father into a wheelchair and down and up the steps into the house. Once settled in the armchair he looked relaxed. After his tea he fell asleep. After that he became very, very irritable. Mother and I were not allowed to talk or discuss anything without him shouting at us. I had intended on helping my Mother to get Father out of his clothes and into pyjamas, but he was adament that was not going to happen and sent me home with lots of ranting etc. Not fair to my Mother at all – she needed help as still not recovered from her cold. She managed to do this after I left. I felt so worried about them both as I drove back to King's Lynn, nothing else I could do though.

Arrived back in King's Lynn at 9.30am – did the supermarket run and bought a Wedding Anniversary card for my parent's – their 51st anniversary is this Monday 30th March. Last year was their Golden Wedding Anniversary. No birding again. Will try and get out tomorrow, depending how I feel. Right now I sense a head cold coming on. Just dosed up with Lemsip.

CLOCKS GO FORWARD ONE HOUR AT 1AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment