SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 4 January 2015

Weekend Update & Birthday Planning!

Saturday morning was dire weather here in Norfolk – solid rain and dull skies, which made me feel alot better about having to stay in to rest up and get better for my six hour Nursing Auxilliary shift that afternoon. Finished work at 9pm, did the supermarket run and got home by 10pm.

Sunday – feeling considerably better than the last few days, but still with cold and now a wonderfully irritating hacky cough! Today I had go to work on my scheduled Sunday as a Therapy Assistant, but thankfully we had finished by 2.30pm. It had been a gloriously sunny day, but the weather changed dramatically around 2pm to dense fog! My sister Vivien had the same foggy weather in Ely which was so dense, she had to return home on her destined journey – but my parents at Holme and also Eddie at Cley had glorious sunshine and clear skies until dusk!

Back at home after work, it was too late and too foggy to go birding, even if I had wanted to escape. Spent the rest of the day re-cooperating under a blanket on the sofa and trying to decided what to do for my dreaded big birthday at the end of this month. To be honest, I just want to hide away, I mean who wants to be 21 again – LOL! I don't have the pennies to do anything elaborate anyway. Any magical suggestions or ideas about how to have a fabulous and exciting birthday will be gratefully received. Please post – thanks! Also any offers from shining knights in armour eg Johnny Depp to whisk me away for the weekend to a Scottish Castle or maybe a trip to the Seychelles or the like, PLEASE EMAIL ASAP!!!

Discussion about today's Night Heron in Norfolk is being discussed HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Mr J. Depp bought a Chateau near here...
    just before he split up...
    but you wouldn't like the weather at the moment...
    we've a Norfolk wind blowing...
    lazy, it goes straight through you!!
    And the past few days have been grim here, too...
    grey, damp mizzle...
    often wind driven until it was horizontal...
    no, the Seychelles is a much better venue...
    and you'd see a few interesting 'lifers' whilst you we at it, too.

    ReplyDelete