SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 14 August 2013

RUTLAND BIRD FAIR PARTY & NEWS!

T H E   B I R D   F A I R   P A R T Y !!!
Saturday 17th August 6.30-8.30pm

Hosted by Ceri Levy

EVENTS MARQUEE

Music, song, poetry, chat and Surprise Guests!!!
Confirmed so far for the evening’s star-studded entertainment are:
Bill Oddie, Stephen Moss, Phil Daniels, Marcus Coates, Simon Emmerson, Mark Constantine, Harriet Mead, Jackie Oates, Margaret Atwood and of course Tim Appleton and Martin Davies and many more surprise guests!!!


Gunnar Engblom writes on Facebook:
"This is the song I will be singing together with
Ronnie Haar and Louise Sofield at the Rutland Birdfair.
Look out for us near the catering area.
It will sound much better with Ronnie
playing the guitar than my strumming."

"Some of Ronnie's songs about British common birds can be heard on his website: www.themusicalbirder.com
Check them out. They are very good. "



I think there should be a birder's disco on a Saturday night at future bird fairs. Including some live bands etc. It would be massive fun and add a bit of spice to the weekend and encourage more youngsters to the event. As I have mentioned recently on twitter, FB and my blog, LGRE would be such a cool DJ!!!!!

If you are going to the Rutland Bird Fair this weekend, don't forget your can purchase your tickets on line – it's cheaper and quick to do! HERE IS THE LINK
Just bought my BIRD FAIR tickets on line for Friday and Saturday!!! Not going on the Sunday this year though. Looking forward to seeing everyone there and of course the Saturday night Bird Fair Party! I hope to see Lee Evans DJing on the decks – that would be so cool!!! Oh and of course Simon King – how could I possibly forget about Simon!
Spent most of this evening in the hairdressers. I am so disorganised this week. I always buy the Birdwatch and Birdwatching Mags to get the programme for Bird Fair and I haven't got either, so hope they are giving them out at the entrance as they normally do. Havn't got a clue what I am wearing yet either – I was hoping to reach my goal weight by now, which I am still a long way off achieving, but I have lost 1 stone and 9lbs so far! I won't be following the diet on Friday or Saturday though! I'll probably wear the same pennyshotbirdingandlife.blogspot.com top again as I did last year I think.What the h*ll does it matter what you wear, I hear some of you say – of course it matters what you wear if you are having your picture taken with Simon!!!!! Now, I had intended on wearing a little black number (smile), but I am not quite, slim enough yet! By the end of this year I will be!
I am really hoping that someone will be selling birding clothes for women this year and no I don't mean floral or checked shirts, I mean khaki green stuff, you know the same as the men wear – its almost impossible to buy a plain khaki shirt specifically cut and designed for women. Most of my birding wear is men's!
Bird Fair weather: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650006
Bring a Brolly!!! For those of you that haven't been before, wear sensible, flat shoes, sandals and if it rains be prepared for mud! It really is the Glastonbury for Birders!!!
I hope everyone has a fabulous time and enjoys the BIG PARTY on Saturday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment