SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Bird News in Norfolk!

Main Highlights – RBA
WHITE-TAILED EAGLE flew NW over Roydon Common NWT at 6.30pm!
Waxwings x 12 at Norwich
Black-necked Grebe, Common Cranes x 3 at Welney WWT
Garganey x 2 at Bure Park, Great Yarmouth
Little Gull x 9, Purple Sandpiper, Pale-bellied Brent Geese x 5, Puffins x 3 at Cley
Glaucous Gulls x 2, Caspian Gull, Purple Sandpiper x 12 at Sea Palling
Rough-legged Buzzard at Haddiscoe Island
Glaucous Gull at Edgefield
Long-tailed Duck, Hen Harrier at Titchwell RSPB
Snow Bunting at Salthouse

I have been dozing on the sofa all evening and yes I know it is now lighter in the evenings and it was a beautiful sunny evening too, but I was absolutely shattered. Frustratingly whilst I dozed, the recent juv. White-tailed Eagle had re-appeared just around the corner at Roydon Common!!! I have only just noticed this on the pager late this evening! Flying north west, it most probably sailed over my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment