SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 5 January 2013

Busy, Busy Bee!

I have had a very, very busy day. First of all Eddie arrived at my house to very kindly assess my fencing situation and advise/price up stuff for me. We then went to Wickes to make a list of what I needed to buy etc. Then we had a scrumptious lunch at a cafe in King's Lynn – cheese omelette, chips and peas followed by ginger pudding, ginger sauce and ice-cream!!! I bought myself a very funky Jean Pierre watch for work, as my nurses watch has just broken and wanted something a bit different (typical me).

We then went to Titchwell RSPB. Watched a massive 1000+ flock of Lapwings along with a few thousand golden plover, 7 Marsh Harriers, 1 Barn Owl and 16 Magpies roosting! Popped into my parents for a very quick cup of tea and then Eddie went on the bus back to Cley. I then drove back to Lynn and dropped my birding gear back at home.

I then went straight out again to work at 7pm and stayed until 10pm moving stuff around. We are very crowded in our gym at work with acute team, community team, speech and language team and all the filing cabinets and patients having therapy in the same area. We have at last been allocated a big room next to ours, which was used as a day type ward for patients. The team in that room moved out on Saturday morning. On Friday afternoon we we warned that there was rumours that another team were planning to hijack our space at the weekend, before we moved in! I decided that, that was NOT going to happen! We were told not to leave the room empty, otherwise someone else would use it. So I went to work and moved all the tables, chairs and a few other bits and pieces and revamped our gym at the same time. It all looks fabulous now and I hope the rest of my team like what I have done – if they don't they will just have to move it. Still lots of filing cabinets and bookcases to move on Monday with the porters though.

Double shift tomorrow – another busy day

Operation Update
I had an appointment with my consultant yesterday, who informed me that he was not prepared to carry out my operation as it was too risky. Too many complications eg: carotid artery (major artery of the head and neck) is next to the bone that needs to be cut etc etc. The diagnosis that I was given recently (see my previous posts about this) of 'Eagles Syndrome' is so rare, that my consultant has never performed the operation and even though a specialty doctor under him has performed this op., it would be the consultant's head that would be on the block if it went wrong! He told me that he would research more about this condition and get back to me with alternative treatments etc. So I will have to put up with the pain for the time being! He also told me that it 'would be the last operation that I would want to have myself'

No comments:

Post a Comment