SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 2 November 2012

Father's Birthday Celebrations!

I was up very early this morning, making a birthday card for father. Why I leave everything to the last minute, I'll never know! I decided to make the card quite big, as father can't see so well nowadays. The front of the card was a picture of a kingfisher I took recently and the back was of a sunset over Hunstanton Cliffs. Here is the card:

 
I picked up my sister Lucy (youngest sister Vivien at work today) and arrived at Holme mid morning. After father had opened his presents, I took mother to Hunstanton to get some groceries and then we all had a fish 'n' chip lunch, followed by lemon tart – all good for the waistline! Father and I both had an afternoon nap, whilst mother and Lucy were chattering away in the dining room. Sang Happy Birthday with coffee cake and candles later and now back home. I think he enjoyed his birthday, he was smiling more than usual, which was good. He refused all offers to be taken out and said he just wanted a quiet day at home. Well he got the day at home, but with three females in the house, it wasn't exactly quiet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment