SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 2 September 2012

The Tooth, and Slide Show by Sophie Barker!

Isn't it incredible how one tooth can cause so much pain and change the whole weekend!

I went to bed early last night and slept on and off throughout the pain, but was woken up properly at about 2.30am by serious pain. Took ibuprofen and paracetemol and eventually got back to sleep, although I didn't get up until nearly lunchtime. I felt so weak and exhausted, had more pain killers and decided there was no way I could do a bank shift this afternoon, so phoned and cancelled. My face was so sore I could barely touch it. Gurgled warm, salty water for ages. Then I sat at computer and updated my blog from yesterday. Cooked lunch, had shower and had a doze.

I decided later on to go to Sophie Barker's slide show talk "The History of Holme Bird Observatory" at 4.30pm. I didn't make the AGM at 3pm though. Dropped in some shopping to parents on route. The talk was held in Holme Village Hall, which I have not been into for many years. The hall was where I did gymnastics and country dancing, as a pupil at Holme Primary School a few yards away. My father also held Nature Exhibitions in this hall, which I used to man and sell tickets for - that's going back some years! The village hall has recently been refurbished and now has a huge kitchen and another room out the back - looked very impressive to what it used to look like. I had timed it perfectly when I arrived, the AGM had finished and people were eating and chatting. There was a fantastic spread of food along with teas and coffees, pity really that after all the effort that had been made, that there weren't many people there!

Sophie conducted a brilliant talk which she made very interesting and entertaining. Wonderful to see some of the old pictures again.

No comments:

Post a Comment