SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 27 July 2012

Silver-washed Fritillaries at last!

Thursday 26th July – afternoon.

After I left 'The Three Swallows' Pub in Cley, I got changed into 'birding' clothes and went to see three Silver-washed Fritillaries, White Admirals and White-letter Hairstreaks in the late afternoon sun and got some decent pictures aswell!

Cley Coastguards.

Sat in the car and had a sandwich and a cup of tea. 4 Spoonbills flew across me west towards Blakeney. I felt exhausted now and needed a nap. I had a luxurious snooze for about an hour! Walked across the shingle to wake myself up and watched the sea for a while – no birds of note, but just beautiful being here, watching the waves crash onto the shingle. It felt cooler now, so swopped sandals for trainers and went to the hides.

Daukes' Hide NWT
Joined Eddie and Andy J who were both at the funeral this morning too. Eddie had counted 317 Dunlin just before I walked into the hide!!! There was a good selection of birds including the usual avocets, lapwings, redshanks, 1 juv. greenshank (seen before I walked in the hide), black-tailed godwits, ruff, ringed and little ringed plovers, shelduck, 2 curlew sandpipers, loads of gulls, little egrets flying around, marsh harriers, pied wagtails, goldfinches, reed warblers etc. Also hundreds of starlings flocking. Eddie and Andy left and I stayed alone until the sun set.

PICTURES TO BE ADDED

No comments:

Post a Comment