SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 14 April 2012

Snettisham Coastal Park for Sale!!!!!!!!!!

Just turned the computer on for 5 minutes for going to sleep - quick look at Birdforum and was horrified to see that someone had posted that Snettisham Coastal Park was sale. This is an absolutely brilliant place for migrants. The only reason I don't go there as much as I would like to is because there is so much dog crap there. Wouldn't it be absolutely perfect if someone bought it as a nature reserve and fenced it all round with no dogs allowed! But I expected it will be bought to stick caravans in - what a sickening thought!

http://www.brown-co.com/full-details?profileID=100005003008

http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/latest-news/threat-to-snettisham-beach-car-park-as-owners-put-it-on-the-market-1-3733341


Best bird in Norfolk today was a Black Guillemot sitting on the sea at Titchwell RSPB still early morning only. It had been there yesterday too. In normal circumstances I would have gone to see that last night - I would love to have seen that. Tons of Ring Ouzels around too when I read RBA.

1 comment:

  1. It is a brilliant place for migrants Penny and it used to be one of my ringing sites when I lived in Lynn and Snettisham in the 1980s. Another ringing site I had close by was Snettisham Common. I have no idea what it is like now but I used to ring Nightingales on there. Cheers, Seumus

    ReplyDelete