SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 27 April 2012

A rough few days!

A cheery post from Victor Meldrew!!

Its been raining non stop - yes I know that's fabulous, but give us a glimmer of sunshine for a bit please!!! I am very glad I live on a hill!

Oh and we are officially back in recession – "I don't believeeeeee it"!!!

Sadly I will have to cut down the amount of long journeys I make, as financially things have changed dramatically. There are no bank shifts available at work for the forthcoming future (can't go into details why this has occurred - can't risk losing my full-time job!). I have been doing bank shifts on Sundays for over 11 years and I never expected it to stop and just when I have purchased a new car! I have downgraded my iphone 3gs today to a new 12 month contract for same amount of minutes/texts etc for half what I was paying monthly for keeping this 'old' phone. Was going to upgrade to the iphone 4s, but that won't be happening now. Was also going to treat myself to a RBA pager, that also sadly is going to be shelved. Bought myself a lottery ticket for Wednesday - didn't get a single number.

Woke up on Wednesday feeling sicky and feverish - went into work, got rapidly worse and HAD to leave just after lunch. I couldn't eat any lunch - always a sign that I am ill!! That's my sickness record up the spout again - just in case you didn't know, you are not allowed to be ill when you work for the NHS. I have been off work the rest of the week, lounging on the sofa under a rug and hot water bottles. Not actually been sick, but severe stomach cramps, lower back/kidney pain and temperature and extreme tiredness and no appetite at all. Lost a few pounds so far. Forced myself to make a proper dinner earlier this evening, but could only manage a third of it and threw the rest away (never do this normally). Oh well, with no shifts on Sunday at least I will have the whole weekend to recuperate!

Father is still ok – but not himself yet – I live in hope. Mother is struggling and this makes me sad, although I will be helping all I can. If only they had a bigger house, I would just move in! At long last she has given in to me picking her up each week to take her food shopping.

2 comments:

  1. Chin up Penny - I find your blog really inspiring and thoughts are with you during this difficult time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clare!

      Thank you soooo much for your very kind words.

      Delete