SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 12 February 2012

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

For the past few days I have been receiving tons and tons of exactly the same emails. It is driving me crazy. Yesterday I received around 70. I have never had this kind of problem before. I have to spend ages deleting them all on the iphone as well!!! Today I have received 101 emails which are titled the following:

"Delivery Status Notification (Failure) Inbox" etc etc etc


ANYONE ANY IDEAS PLEASE?

4 comments:

  1. I'd run a virus check and just let you email provider no about it .. Depends on wether its a "online" email service like hotmail for e.g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny , i dont know much about this sort of thing , the only advise i would give is be careful opening e mails your not sure about as they can often carry a very nasty virus , this happened to me and i had to take mine to PC world to be sorted out .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny

    My advice would be to immediately run an anti-virus software on your PC, then change your password IMMEDIATELY too.
    Looks like someone is using your email account to send spurious messages on to others.

    I had a recent problem like this on Hotmail, and is one of the reasons I dislike using PC's so much.
    Having to use a PC at mo as my iMac is getting a bit old now (just like me!!!)
    Good luck!!

    Malc
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all for your advice. My computer is a Macbook Pro and with Firewall I hope that I don't get any viruses. I contacted 'Apple' Advice Centre who told me to place the emails in junk mail, but this does not solve the problem!!! Waiting for a computer technician friend to get back to me to solve the problem. A member of staff in the vodaphone shop told me the emails are linked from facebook as she had loads of the same emails recently. When she deleted all invites from friends to different games and apps, the problem ceased.

      Delete