SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 31 December 2011

NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!

Birding by Bus!!!!

I was cooking so late last night, that I couldn't get up and then when I did get out of the house, I missed the Coasthopper I had intended on catching! So not a good start to the day. Got on a service bus along Wootton Road to Hunstanton and had 20 minutes to kill before the Coasthopper bus left to go to Cley. I walked across the green by the Golden Lion Hotel and watched 44 Turnstones feeding along with a good number of starlings. Caught the 12.07pm bus to Cley. At the Titchwell RSPB bus stop Simeon, James and Joseph got on the bus to go to Cley too! I slept most of the journey as I don't travel well on buses and the best tonic is to shut my eyes. I luckily stirred when going past a whole flock of pinkfeet grazing in a field east of Burnham Overy Staithe.

Arrived at Cley at the respectable time (ha ha) of 1.20pm and went to the Visitor Centre for lunch with Eddie. Well I say lunch, Eddie had cakes and I had a cheese jacket potato and salad. Went to Teal Hide and saw the Western Sandpiper (my second viewing) and a Peregrine that scattered everything in sight. Went into Avocet Hide to see if the sandpiper had relocated closer - it hadn't. Nice surprise of Pete S. and Graham - Happy New Year to you both.

Drove back home via the Sandringham bird table to stock it up for the morning and someone already has! Thanks! Back in King's Lynn this evening and preparing for our Bird Race tomorrow.

I am in the fatbirder top 50 this evening - not been that for a while!!! No. 49! Must be because of Pete's shrike video!

Enjoy your festivities this evening and good birding tomorrow and throughout the coming year. Thank you to all my friends and 'blog followers' for your support.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Penny. Cheers, Seumus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you both too, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year from Vancouver, Canada. I enjoy reading your blog.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a happy year reading your entertaining Blog Penny. Have a good day to-morrow, we'll see if we can beat your total. A very Happy, Birdfilled and Healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete