SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 13 May 2011

ABSOLUTELY LIVID WITH BLOGGER!!!!!!!!!!

BLOGGER has been inaccessible since late yesterday evening (Thursday eve) - only allowed you to read a blog and "all posts from the 5th of May have been removed and are currently being placed back."

It has now come back up this evening at around 6.30pm. But when I opened my blog, all my Great Snipe postings and Videos from Pete Snook are missing. I AM LIVID!!!!!!
Reading the blogger forums, people are seriously angry and so am I. Its alot of work 'blogging' and us serious bloggers put alot of time and energy into writing on here. I spent a long time on my Great Snipe postings and I am not a happy bunny.

I am hoping they will be restored. If not I will have to remember what I wrote and add them again. I like them to be written on the correct dates which if I have to post again they now won't be on the correct dates....... FUMING!!!! I will ensure in future that I copy all my postings onto my laptop.

Just found this at 7.19pm:

http://buzz.blogger.com/2011/05/blogger-is-back.html

DOES ANYONE COPY MY POSTS PLEASE? - IF YOU DO PLEASE EMAIL ME MY MISSING POSTS ON THE GREAT SNIPE to pennyclarke.dsl.pipex.com THANK YOU! I WOULD BE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO Angus and Judy who read my blog in googlereader which saves the text and sent me a copy via email.

My Great Snipe posts have now appeared back at 10.15pm but all comments have been lost!

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one Penny, spent ages yesterday updating all the news from my local patch for the week incuding some great photo's of our 1 day Black-necked Grebes, all gone and a lot of effort down the drain, I haven't got the energy to redo it all as I also co write the Staffs bird news with Steve Seal an all news from y.day on here is lost as well, v v v sad and angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris

    See blogger's latest reply in my main posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's three of us totally peed off, Penny.
    An hour's work yesterday updating my blogs, adding photos and videos only to find them all missing this morning. Blogger reckons they are restoring all the posts they removed but, as other birders rely on one of my blogs for local birding news, I have had no alternative other than post it all again. If it happens again I will dump Blogger and find another blog host.
    (Well done with the Great Snipe, Penny.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sympathies. I hope they restore our last posts. If they don't I will also be moving elsewhere. Freewebs is quite good according to Sue Bryan. You have to pay about £12 a year though, but thats nothing really. I am just sitting here fuming. Don't want to cook tea or anything until I know they are going to be restored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine disappeared and I checked your blog to see whether it was just me!! Luckily my posting for yeterday was short and, if I'm honest, not very interesting !! Sorry it hit you on such a critical day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. penny, the blog archive links still work, with the videos but not your pics. give it a bit more time & they'll all be back, i reckon. at least you could copy them in case you do need to re-post

    in the digital age stuff like this is always gonna happen, no matter what host is used. digital's got a long way to go to attain the robustness of analogue, which is what we're all kinda used to

    btw, really enjoyed the account of your early morning sojourn, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh... i think you were re-posting them as i was browsing. thank goodness

    it's always good practice to keep back-ups at a secure location, especially with free websites it's definitely not a good idea to rely on them solely

    ReplyDelete
  8. My posts are all back now thank goodness, but all comments are lost on the Great Snipe. I hope all your posts are back too now?

    ReplyDelete