SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 10 March 2011

Mystery Bird with Red Bill!!!!!

A friend of a friend told me today that she had seen a bird in her garden which was half the size of a sparrow again with a completely red bill!!!!!!! Chatting to a friend of mine they suggested that it could possibly be a Java Sparrow! Well I will of course be checking this out on Saturday! Unfortunately though I am not able to say where in Norfolk it is, so I hope that if I do see it, that it is an escaped cage bird and not a MEGA otherwise I will be in a very difficult situation!

Someone else has suggested Red-billed quelea.

Update for any birdforum readers that don't understand A: my bad grammar or B: the Norfolk lingo "half the size of a sparrow again" - means: A BLOODY BIG SPARROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment