SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 25 December 2010

CHRISTMAS DAY!!!

Skeins of Pinkfooted Geese at Sunset at Titchwell RSPB.


I awoke to a beautiful frosty, sunny day.

Loaded the car up with presents and food and general christmasy stuff required for the day and picked my sister up in King's Lynn and drove to my parents house to spend Christmas Day. My little sister was already there, having travelled up yesterday.

Far too much food!

Christmas Cake made by my Father!


Around 2.45pm I went to Titchwell RSPB.

Passed Santa along the main footpath! (seriously, see picture below)


4 Siskins in the Alder tree at the beginning of the main path by the centre. Pintail sitting on the ice - all the water completely frozen over. 3 Marsh Harriers by the dead trees. Took a video of the new Parrinder Hide and took some sunset pictures. It started to rain/sleet so put the camera away. On the way back 14 Whooper Swans flew low over my head - very annoyingly I did not have time to get the camera out of rucksack!!!


Sunset from the new Parrinder Hide at Titchwell.



VIDEO - WALKING TO AND INSIDE THE
NEW PARRINDER HIDE AT TITCHWELL RSPB.


Sun setting at Titchwell RSPB.


Christmas Pudding with Nestles Cream, Mothers's Trifle, cheese straws etc etc etc whilst spending the evening watching the box.

Drove back to King's Lynn and now watching 'Corrie' on ITV2, as I wasn't allowed to watch it earlier - compromise, Vivien wanted to Watch 'Strictly'.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, This hide is UNBELIEVABLE !!! Whatever happened to lying in the mud with a scope on your knees? Kids today etc etc. Missed Titchwell last Summer as it was closed for all the drainage work and presumably building the hide. My wife and I worked as volunteer wardens at Slimbridge the year the new visitor centre was opened and wondered then if that was almost a step too far but it seems everyone now has high expectations. I kind of like the lower profile of Snettisham although a loo would be good!! Best wishes Eddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video of the new hides. This looks like a major improvement for what is one of the RSPB's flagship reserves. At Lough Foyle RSPB Reserve in Northern Ireland all we have is an RSPB blue sign, no hides, no staff, nothing!It's nice to see our donations helping others enjoy birding. Best Wishes, Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eddie - I do like Snettisham - but I find it rather bleak during the winter. Yes a loo would certainly be good - agreed!


    Richard - The new hide does look fantastic, but I think they have wasted money on the seats. You would get alot more 'bums' on seats if you had traditional bench type seats!

    ReplyDelete