SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 7 May 2010

I can't quite believe this BUT I have my Applemac back and running!!!!!!!

I am actually typing this on my Mac!!!!! Well done Kris and enormous thanks.

I will now be able to add pictures to my blog again! I will be adding pictures to old posts, hope to do this over the weekend.

Drove to Cleyspy who kindly sorted my Manfrotto tripod out - I could hardly undue the clasps - not good when you need to get the tripod up in a hurry!

Parked at the bottom of Old Women's Lane and walked to Dauke's Hide - the North East wind cut through the hide flaps and right through you like a knife - it was cruelly cold. I sat there too long really, didn't see any Temminck's Stints at all, but someone had seen them on the island in front of North Hide. Not an ideal day to test out my new camera! Walked back to the car and decided to have a little sleep as I felt really tired! Was awoken by a car horn hooting at me (John F.!)

Drove back home to meet Kris at mine, who has now sorted my computer - well still got to sort Quark Xpress, but don't need that right now. I can now access itunes, so now I can copy all my albums and sync to my iphone - magic!

1 comment:

  1. The second of the two late morning RBA temminck's stint messages was my own.

    Told earlier on at beach car park the birds were viewable from Daukes I went there after a short sea watch in the lee of the shelter which revealed nothing.

    After sitting in Daukes hide a short while the temminck's appeared and flew around, two together at first then the third: all settling on the same island.

    Pager goes off to say the stints were on North scrape at 11:08. I was watching them at Daukes at 11:10!! I ring RBA to say I had them at same time on Daukes: time then was 11:15.

    Mind you they were only on view a few minutes. I escaped the cold wind and left Cley. Went for the nighingales found none. Home early.

    ReplyDelete