SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 3 May 2010


Ring Ouzel feeding on NWT Forestry, Holme




It's taken ages to type this via my iPhone as Mac has been taken away again! Feel really tired at the moment and had another lie-in this morning! Still have a bad cough and my sense of smell has completely gone since developing this cold. My youngest sister Vivien sent me a text to say she was on the train to King's Lynn and then catching a bus to Holme, so I drove to the station and picked her up and went to Holme to visit our parents.

Vivien decided to come birding with me - well for a walk anyway!!! Followed the public footpath east, half way along the road to Thornham boathouse (where I went on Sat) and walked round the copse and along Green Lane and then back along the path. By the footbridge next to the copse it was very sheltered - in fact the only sheltered spot away from the fierce north east winds blowing today - a flurry of birds flitting about in a scyamore included chiffchaffs, lesser whitethroat, blackcap, long tailed tits, chaffinches, greenfinches, blue and great tits. A little egret sat in the marsh just past the boat house/pond. Also two linnets sat in a bramble bush. Took Vivien back to parents.

Holme Reserves - had a hot chocolate at The Firs house and then walked to the NWT Forestry where I watched a Ring Ouzel along with a Wheatear. Also a nice surprise of a Garden Warbler singing and seen. Walked all the way along the top Coastal path to Holme Bird Observatory and back round to NOA carpark. Picked up my Mother's bike which needs mending (just about got it in the Hyundai!) and drove back via Brancaster home to King's Lynn.

Don't think I picked a good week for birding - better get on with some jobs I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment