SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 4 January 2010

Possible Pacific Diver at Titchwell!!!

This morning was not funny at all, getting up at 6am and scraping what seemed like concrete off the car windows to be at work for 7am. Worked until 2pm and then went straight to Pets Mart to get cat litter for madam.

Arriving home the first thing I did was to go through my RBA pager messages:

2 Waxwings in Norwich, the elusive, annoying Ring necked Duck - 'showing well' - (dipped out on this twice for my 2009 county year list!) and Smew at Wroxham Broad, Ferruginous Duck and 2 Smew at Barton Broad, Scaup, Purple Sandpiper and 2 Shorelarks at Snettisham RSPB, Red Kite still at Holme along with a Short eared Owl and Long Tailed Ducks, Rough-legged Buzzard at Haddiscoe Marshes, Short eared Owl and Merlin at Warham Greens etc etc etc and THEN the last 2 messages 'REPEAT' possible Pacific Diver on sea at Titchwell RSPB at end of boardwalk!!!!!!!!!!!! Looked at my watch - hmmmm..... by the time I got there the light would have been well dodgy!!! Phoned Connor and M.G. to get an update - both were on their way - spoke to Connor later on who said several people thought the bird was 'very interesting'. Lets see what tomorrow brings - being as I am at work all week, I am hoping its just a dodgy Great Northern Diver!!!!!!

Consoled myself with food: bubble and sqeak with poached eggs - yummy!!! My last feast.

Monday 4th January - THE beginning of losing a massive amount of weight - I know exactly how much I need/want to lose but most definately don't want to admit to how much on here!!! Weightwatchers - boring, boring, boring, but its got to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment