SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 7 January 2010

Pinkfeet on route to Tescos this evening etc!

Walked again in a severe blizzard to work. Staff not able to get in at the hospital and extremely busy on the ward today because of it. No excuse not to get to work if you can walk!

Walked directly to Tescos this evening to get food supplies and on route I slowed down my pace as I thought I could hear geese - the sound was muffled through my hat and hood, I stopped - listened and yes I could - looked up in the evening sky to just about make a V formation of Pink footed geese flying over towards the wash. I would never have seen or heard this, had I been in the car!

I notice on the pager this evening there were 3 Smew at Saddlebow on the relief channel - don't know how anybody got there to be honest!

Not looking good for birding this weekend because of snow - might walk into town to go to buy an old fashioned 'parka' jacket from 'Hoopers' - an army/old fashioned/outdoor wear shop that has been in Lynn for donkey's years and has some good priced clothing.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Pink feet....

    We used to call them "parka's" when I had my Vespa 150 Sportique in 68!!!

    Nice blog...

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alan - yes, you are right, found that out today, they are called Parka's (just corrected my post), thank you.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete