SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 30 January 2010

No birding today - still recovering!

Reached from my bed to swish curtains back and was shocked to see a good covering of snow everywhere!!! Retreated back under the covers! Ok look - the snow novelty has well and truly worn off - 'one is not amused'!!!

Eventually hauled myself reluctantly out of bed and whilst having a very late breakfast attempted to register my vodaphone account on line via iPhone which I achieved eventually!

I am so fed up with coughing etc and it's a real job remembering to take my antibiotics but just about managing it!

Phoned Sheilas Wheels car insurance to see if they had received my contesting letter yet (they had offered me a ridiculously low offer on my car which I had decided to retain and get repaired myself after they declared it a write off) - they still hadn't!!!! and I had posted it on the 14th Jan!!! Such bad luck as I had only sent it by normal post and of course guess what, it's got lost - which is incredibly annoying (am I aloud to swear on here?!!! - I will try not to) as I had copies of v5, invoice, new mot, letter, and loads of examples of my car at a higher price than Shelias Wheels had offered me which I had printed off the Internet - which now means I have to do the whole lot again!!!

Had to leave the house to go and pay a bill and got a few bits from Sainsburys and Holland & Barrett while I was there - it was wickedly cold and I was glad to get home.

Topped up the bird table with seed, brown bread, apple and one of those square plastic trays of fat/food stuff (you know what I mean!)

Cooked vege sausages and toasted sarnies and watched 'So you think you can dance' see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pj22l which I am addicted at the moment. I would love to have been a dancer - if only I had done bally when I was little - too late now! - ok I do dance - see me dancing at Michael Jackson birthday celebration last August at St James' Park, London on my YouTube site 'PennyClarkeMJJ' - or search 'best dressed competition at michael's 51at bday celebration - st james' park london' (me dancing on right in fedora hat) or in my photo albums on facebook!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny, you seem to be recovering slowly (start worrying when you go off food!). I'd like to dance like MJ too....the 'Move Like Michael Jackson' thing was on telly when we were away so I missed it but I'm working (very slowly) through the videos on i-player. got as far as the 'push the wall' bit, I might make it by next xmas! (Steve thinks I'm completely bonkers of course....) I couldn't find your YouTube bit, can you direct me to the right place? Get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue just updated my post above. Oh good - someone else as mad as me!

    I also notice one of your favourite films is also one of mine 'The Bridges of Madison county'!

    ReplyDelete