SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 19 August 2017

Weekend Update & Bird Fair

I decided not to go to Bird Fair this weekend for a number of reasons. I wanted to go and was looking forward to it. But, I still haven't come to terms with my father's death and realised I couldn't deal with all the hundreds of people at Bird Fair or with people kindly asking how I was since he died etc. I know he lived a very long time – there are few people that get to 90 years old! But, it makes no difference to me that he lived that long – it doesn't change that fact that I adored him and miss him terribly. Time does not heal – its all a myth! Also my recent injury at Titchwell is still very painful and even sitting for half an hour in the car is too much, so a couple of hours journey would be agony!

I have lost my spirit since that sad day in February. There are several birds I would have normally rushed over to see and photograph, but I haven't felt like it. I didn't even go and see the Black-winged Stilts at Potter Heigham – the normal Penny would have been over there like a shot. I also regret not going to see the 7 Bee-eaters too – my favourite bird. Hopefully my spirit will bounce back at some point. I have wasted a lot of my days off – not good at being on my own, when I'm not myself, I really shouldn't have booked any holiday this year!

I hope everyone has a productive and joyful time at Bird Fair and hopefully I will be there next year. Someone say hello to Bill Oddie👋 and give Simon King a hug for me please😉!

No comments:

Post a Comment