SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 28 April 2017

Couch to 5k Update, Marsh Tits & Nine Days Holiday!

About a week ago, I hung up a red net bag of nuts and bird seed from a birch branch, just in front of my regular car parking spot at work. Yesterday I noticed that a huge amount of seed had disappeared – I found out why today, a Jay flew in and balanced on the very thin branch to gobble loads of seed! I have had Great Tits and Blue Tits regularly feeding in my lunch breaks. Today I had a fabulous surprise – two Marsh Tits arrived to feast on the seed! To watch them only yards from my car was wonderful!

Completed my third and final run of Week One, COUCH TO 5K early this morning – it was lovely sunshine first thing and I had close views of a Marsh Tit on route. I can't recall seeing three Marsh Tits on the same day for a very long time! Week Two, which commences on Monday is another week of three runs and its more intense than this week. At the end of the nine weeks I will be running three miles, three times a week.

Now on holiday for the next nine days! SE winds – serious migration and rares begin! My mother heard a Cuckoo in the early afternoon – she's beaten me on that one!

Oh dear..... just tickled my car on a bloody concrete post after picking my sister Lucy up from her concert rehearsal at 10pm!!! Of course the scrape covers several panels, which will be very costly – so cross with myself. Only my second accident ever, the last one was a post too!

THIS SUNDAY AT CLEYSPY,  CLEY NWT CENTRE:
http://pennyshotbirdingandlife.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/date-for-your-diary.html

No comments:

Post a Comment