SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 19 June 2016

Father's Day!

10 minutes that Great Knot showed for yesterday and today whilst I was at work, it was watched ALL bl**dy day long!!!

Finished work at 4.30pm. Flew home, picked Lucy up and whizzed over to visit Father in Heacham – he looked tired, but at least he wasn't shouting this time and was fairly calm. Lucy and I adorned him with chocolates and cards and then I told him all about the Great Knot and the Pacific Golden Plover at Titchwell RSPB, which he seemed interested in – he appeared to be interested, anyway! Just after 7pm, he said he wanted to go to bed, so Lucy and I took him upstairs in his wheelchair (via the lift) and I got him changed into pyjamas and stern transferred him into bed, into a perfect and comfortable position. He looked so cosy and relaxed and thanked me for helping him. Lucy and I kissed him good night and left. Lucy got upset and then so did I – its heartbreaking to know he won't ever be back at home with Mother again – so upsetting for us all.

Lucy and I visited Mother for a short while – she's still not sleeping properly and looks extremely tired. Lucy and I then returned home to King's Lynn. Shattered after a heavy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment