SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 19 December 2015

Crazy, Busy Day & Another Party!

I can't believe how quickly this year has disappeared – each year seems to speed up faster then the previous one! Must be an old age thing – the older you get, the quicker time goes. A very frustrating weekend as I have not and won't have time to go birding. I had to do some errands today, including selecting and delivering another new Dimplex heater for my parents. Father looked fairly well and quite chirpy, but Mother looked shattered. Whizzed over to Thornham Harbour in hope of seeing the Red-rumped Swallow, but I was too late and I presume it had continued west, with no news after 12.13pm. Only saw a Barn Owl and didn't have time to look for anything else. Returned to King's Lynn, to do a quick supermarket shop, filled up with petrol which was the cheapest for several years and then back to my house to get ready for a very rare event.

Vivien arrived at my house at 5pm and after picking Lucy up we arrived in the Saturday market place to have a Christmas meal together at Pizza Express in King's Lynn. I can't ever recall us going out for a meal – may sound strange, but we just haven't. Pizza Express may sound rather boring, but it's a really nice, modern restaurant with cool lighting and decor. It was really lovely to have a meal together, although it was rather noisy with Christmas Party Revellers. We had a pizza each, shared a large Leggera Salad and all had Tiramisu for dessert – all scrumptious. I exchanged Sainsbury's Nectar points for PE vouchers, so we got £20 off the bill!!! Excellent service from the waiting staff too, highly recommended.

Took some pictures of the Custom House lit up and then we all went back to my house to watch the Strictly Come Dancing Finale with coffee and chocolate brownies! I really enjoyed the evening with my sisters, it was really nice and relaxed.

Work tomorrow! Good for the bank balance, but not for birding! Roll on the Christmas break!

1 comment:

  1. "Must be an old age thing – the older you get, the quicker time goes"....
    it is, it is....
    the slower we go, the faster everything passes us by!!

    ReplyDelete