SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 27 December 2015

BOXING DAY BIRDING!

Early bird catches the worm and all that jazz. Arrived at Flitcham five minutes too late for the close flypast, that several birders and photographers had of the Pallid Harrier. Julian B then showed me some fabulous pictures on the back of his camera! I decided to stick it out and spent the rest of the day waiting for the Pallid Harrier to cruise close enough to get some shots, but alas it was only ever distant. Obviously it was a cracking bird to watch, but it would have been nice to have it on the camera, only myself to blame! I also saw a couple of Common Buzzards, a large flock of Linnets, several Magpies, Blackbirds, Chaffinches, masses of Woodpigeons and some Red-legged Partridges.

Returned home late afternoon and spent the evening cooking my very late Christmas Roast dinner and watched Skyfall – you can't beat watching a Bond Film! Mother phoned me to say my fruit cake was the best she had tasted and that is a compliment! Mother doesn't dish them out very often!

No comments:

Post a Comment