SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 5 July 2015

10 BEE-EATERS IN SUFFOLK!!!

I returned home from work to see on my pager that 10 Bee-eaters had been in Leiston, Suffolk from 11.10am until 4.14pm, off Valley Road at Leiston, then flew NE!!!

It was an exceptionally hard day at work and we were there until the end at 4.30pm, so no leaving early today! I was gutted when I read that pager message and to make it worse the Bee-eaters had departed just before I left off work. I would have driven over there to see them on the second and third pager message had I not been working! I would rather see 10 Bee-eaters than a first for Britain. How awesome it must have been to watch that spectacle!

Pictures here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here. That's probably the most picture links I have done to date, but you can never tire of seeing Bee-eaters!

As soon as I got in the door this evening I had a shower, changed, put birding gear in car, made a quick tea and then made the massive mistake of having a little rest...... woke up a 7.15pm – gutted. I was going to Titchwell RSPB, not worth going now really at that time. Later this evening, I started to add the bird news on my blog and was even more gutted to see that there was a White-winged Black Tern at Frampton RSPB!!! When I studied my pager I realised that since it came back from being mended, I now don't have Lincolnshire bird news, which I did before! So that's why I didn't get any pager messages about the tern! I would have defininately gone to Frampton for that this evening – very disappointed, not a happy bunny at all.

Fabulous flight shot here of the White-winged Black Tern

1 comment:

  1. Cheer oop lass!
    If you fell asleep like that....
    your body needed it!!
    I did the same thing...
    but for four hours...
    went upstairs just after Noon....
    to look to fit a fly-screen on the bedroom window...
    sat on the bed to decipher the plans...
    closed my eyes to try and visualise the drawings...
    25 past bleedin' 4 and Rip-van-Winkle awakes!!

    "but you can never tire of seeing Bee-eaters!".....
    nor listening to them....
    wurble-burble-burble-wurble-burble....
    way up in the sky, usually, but we have been surprised...
    Pauline's favourite bird...
    so much so that I bought her one of the RSPB soft toy ones to sit on her computer!
    Keep well...
    Tim

    ReplyDelete