SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 16 June 2015

Marsh Warbler At Dawn!

MARSH WARBLER
Nar Valley Way, Narborough

I really fancied seeing the Marsh Warbler early morning, so I set the alarm and was on site by 5am!!! Ok, well it wasn't quite dawn, but near enough, early for me anyway!

I felt pleased that I had made the effort. However, I expected full and beautiful sunshine, being as I had got up so early, but disappointingly the skies were grey the entire time I was there. The Marsh Warbler sang continuously but was difficult to photograph - there seemed to be reeds in the way all the time! The Marsh Warbler chased a Great Tit out of a bush and across the river and momentarily perched in an elder only yards from me, before returning to the back of the reeds to sing again. I had the whole place to myself until Steve G. turned up at around 7am. I left at 7.20am in order to get to work. Fabulous morning!


MARSH WARBLER
Singing at 5am this morning
If anyone can advise on how to improve the audio on an iphone, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. "Marsh Warbler At Dawn! ".............
    what a great title...
    conjoured up a picture of you in a stetson and tassled jacket...
    with a couple of Canons with long lenses...
    on rifle mounts...
    standing braced and ready...
    yelling...
    "OK Marshy!!... show yerself if you've got the bottle!"

    Lovely pix... looks as loud as a Cetti's by the gape!!
    Pauline had a hospital appointment early doors yesterday...
    so I walked outside...
    at approx the same time you got to Narbro'...
    with my cuppa to get some fresh air...
    and promptly got deafened by the male Blackcap...
    freshly cherry-juice lubricated...
    about four foot above my head!!
    Damned bird waited until I'd just about got the cup to my mouth... b'stard!
    Yelling "Thank you for that!" did not silence him!!
    I think he's got a second brood on the way...
    no daytime singing at all at the moment...
    Keep well,
    keep taking nice pix like these..
    Tim
    and promptly

    ReplyDelete