SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 2 January 2015

The Weekend!

I don't know how I got through work today – felt so ill. This is one nasty cold virus – sore throat, cough and painful left ear and now losing my voice – I'm not a very good patient. Good job there is only me to look after me!

There won't be much news from me over the weekend, I'm afraid. Hope you all have a good weekend's birding. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. "and now losing my voice"....
    Good job you can type then!

    This, I hope, will make you smile...
    you may well have many of the t-shirts in your drawers...

    One of the great maxims in wildlife photography is keep taking pictures as you approach the subject...
    and keep calm...
    well!
    Three days ago...
    Pauline spotted...
    strolling gently towards the house...
    down the bief [millstream]...
    came a Great White Egret...
    never had one this close before...
    I took a couple of pix through the double glazed front door...
    not good...
    even though I was braced against a kitchen cupboard...
    I decided to go out via the barn...
    I thought I'd been quiet...
    got a lovely shot of it...
    GOING AWAY!!

    My cure for colds...
    and you will need to borrow a waterproof rubber mattress protector from work...
    also...
    the Medicine [an Advocaat with a double Wood's 100 Rum stirred in]...
    use a plastic spoon, it eats metal...
    two paracetamols...
    three hot water bottles.
    Just before you go up to the freshly protected bed...
    already getting extra warm from the three hot water bottles...
    swallow the paras...
    wash them down with the medicine...
    get into bed wearing two vests...
    two pairs of long-johns...
    a pair of thick socks...
    a thick, or silk, scarf and a woolly hat.
    You will sweat sommat rotten and will have to wash the clothing and sheets...
    but I have always woken up in the morning feeling fine!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim! You wouldn't have got the picture of the GWE flying away even, had you not had good fieldcraft!

    Thanks for the 'cold tips', but I think I will allow things to get better naturally!!!

    ReplyDelete