SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 14 December 2014

Cley NWT!

Being a party animal at my age is exhausting to say the least. I just couldn't get up at a decent time this morning either. I did manage to get out considerably earlier than yesterday though, which was something I suppose.

My mother asked me if I could get her a real, small Christmas tree – so I phoned round a few places and was horrified by the extortionate prices..... £21.00 for a 4ft tree in one place, £29 in another – she agreed that it was ridiculous and there was no way she was paying all that. It's cheaper to get a artificial one! Even cheaper if I spot some nice overhanging larch branches somewhere!!!

Spent the afternoon at Cley. Sat and had a cup of tea and a scone in the visitor centre. The wind was really cold today. Took a leisurely stroll along the East Bank. On the new pools west of the bank, there were Black-tailed Godwits, Wigeon, Teal and a Grey Heron flew over west. Further along by the sluice there were huge numbers of Wigeon on the Serpentine. 2 Marsh Harriers glided over the reedbeds and a Little Egret was feeding at the far end of East Bank. Good numbers of gulls on Arnold's Marsh. Walked across the shingle and took arty farty pictures of the beach. I spent a while here, simply listening to the awesome sound of the breakers crashing on the shingle, contemplating life and all that jazz.

Walked back along the East bank and had a fabulous sighting of a Bittern flying west at 4.25pm over the path and dropped down into the reeds fairly close to Bishop's Hide.

At home I watched X Factor and although Ben is obviously a brilliant singer, it should have been Fleur East that won – she is exciting to watch and is an absolute Mega Star. I was quite shocked when Ben's name was called out as the winner.

PICTURES TO BE ADDED

No comments:

Post a Comment