SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Hot News From Me!

A television company working for Channel 4 has requested use of one of my pictures for a 6-part series entitled "Walking Through History" with Sir Tony Robinson!!!! How exciting!!! Will be interesting to see how much I will be paid for this!

Update: If my picture is accepted, I will be paid £50.00!

I have had a sore throat over the last couple of days and feel pretty rubbish, but still managing to get to work. I can't believe how cold its become! My heating is not working I discovered over the last few days and the house is freezing. British Gas coming out tomorrow to try and fix it.

I have made a big decision – time to move. I havn't been happy living in King's Lynn since I moved here and life is far too short to be unhappy! I only bought a house here in the first place as I couldn't afford to buy anywhere else at the time. Going to spend winter nights sorting through stuff in my house I don't need or want – need to set up an ebay account! Will try and sell my house by next spring and then down size to a flat somewhere else. Was thinking of Fakenham as still close enough for work and visiting parents, but closer to the coast and property is loads cheaper there than on the coast! I was quite amazed at the prices of flats in Fakenham when I looked this week! A girl I work with is doing exactly the same thing.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh gosh, how exciting. On both fronts I mean, the picture and the house move. Sounds like a good move to me, as you say, life's too short to be unhappy where you are, as someone said to me once, it's not a rehearsal, this is it. Go for it Penny, I wish you luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it Penny - I know it's a bit different but I contemplated moving to Norfolk from Leicestershire for 15 years and finally took the plunge this year on what turned out to be an impulse. If you are thinking about a move, just do it or you'll live a life of regrets and what if's. It's scary but so satisfying when you do it. Oh, and well done for getting a TV deal too. Sounds like 2014 is your year!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Sue and 'Wardy' for your kind comments, and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the photo Penny but they are a little mean...the BBC paid me £60 for one of mine last year!

    ReplyDelete