SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 8 July 2013

Titchwell RSPB

Sunday Evening
Worked this morning, which wasn't in the least bit funny in this heatwave. Got home, cleaned bike up, as I now have to cycle to work every day  – can't take the car any more as new rules have been implemented – if you live within two miles of the hospital you can not park at 'Peak Times'. This is because of the dire car parking situation at the hospital. I don't like being told how I am going to travel to work!

Watched the most exciting Wimbledon Final since Virginia Wade won in 1977 – showing  my age now! I can remember my mother, sisters and I jumping up and down and screaming with excitement when she won that final! Had a shower, cooked my tea and then left to go birding in celebration of Andy's win!

Titchwell RSPB – Island Hide 8.00-9.30pm
It was a beautiful evening and there were tons of birds on the scrapes. 1 Spoonbill, 6 Spotted Redshanks, 3 Little Gulls, 280+ Black-tailed Godwits, loads of Knot, a few Ruffs, Avocets with chicks, Common Terns with 3 teenage chicks, Redshanks, Shelducks, Lapwings, Little Egrets, Pied Wagtail and juvs, Starlings etc. The Spoonbill flew over the main path in the setting sun towards Thornham at 9.30pm.

PHOTOGRAPHS TO BE ADDED

No comments:

Post a Comment