SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 10 March 2013

Mother's Day

I awoke to more sleet and snow, but it had not really laid except for a light covering on higher ground I noticed, as I drove through Sandringham. Cruised round the Wolferton Triangle to look for Golden Pheasants but no luck. Along the clifftop at Hunstanton black-headed gulls sat stood battling it out against the driving sleet. Delivered presents and cards to mother, got the coal in and made father a hot water bottle. The house was chilly. Mother was short on a few essential items, so when she thought I had left to go to Holme Marsh Reserve, I went to Sainsbury's instead to get her a few surprise items and delivered them back to Holme. With no time left now, I had no choice but to head back to King's Lynn as I was working this afternoon at a new earlier time and a much longer shift than normal. I diverted through Sandringham though, to have a quick look at the bird table, but there were no birds here at all – there were no fat balls or seed here either, so that might have had something to do with it! This spot is normally alive with all the tits, nuthatch, treecreeper, jays, blackbirds, robins etc etc, but nothing at all today.

A long eight hour shift this afternoon. These new shifts are rubbish!

No comments:

Post a Comment