SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 7 December 2012

Update and News!

I can't believe its December – where has the year disappeared to!!! I don't really like this time of year, especially January as I will be another year older. A very good old friend and past neighbour of mine said to me once 'the older you get, the quicker time goes' – how true is that!

The diet is going well since my lapse last Saturday, so should achieve some kind of loss on Tuesday evening!

It was snowing this morning when I woke up but quickly turned into lashing rain and wind for most of the day and it's horribly cold. Apparently we are going to have the hardest winter for over 100 years!!! That will be great with all the fuel bills going up and up and up!!!

Have not got a date for my operation yet – good!

Apologies for any unanswered emails lately – work and life has been exhausting recently!

I cooked a scrumptious Lentil Roast this evening which was so nice I might have to cook one for Christmas Day for mother and I.
Here is the recipe:

LENTIL ROAST
from the "The Complete Farmhouse Kitchen Cook Book" (from the Yorkshire TV Series)

225g Lentils
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Red Onions
1 large Cooking Apple
2 Large Tomatoes
50g Wholewheat Bread Crumbs
1 Egg
Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon of Mixed Herbs or Sage

  1. Soak lentils overnight.
  2. Cook lentils in same water until soft and beat smooth.
  3. Heat oil in pan and fry onions until soft.
  4. Finely slice apple and skin and chop tomatoes and add to onion and fry until soft.
  5. Add to lentils with bread crumbs, beaten egg, herbs and seasoning.
  6. Press into greased loaf tin and cover.
  7. Bake at 190˚C for 50 minutes.
20 Pro Points – Weightwatchers

No comments:

Post a Comment