SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 18 December 2012

One Week to Christmas!

Where has the year disappeared to?!!! Christmas – I have been asked several times recently 'are you ready for christmas?' – yes I am 'ready for christmas'. None of my family are buying presents. In any case there is only mother, father, Lucy, Vivien and I left and we are all grown up enough to not be bothered about the materialistic side of Christmas. I will do my food shopping as normal. I am working all day on Christmas Eve and will then spend the evening alone. Christmas Day will be spent with my family. Christmas evening will be spent alone and Boxing Day I will be out birding. New Year's Eve I am working all day and will spend the evening alone and New Year's Day I will be doing a bird race, as I have done the last few years!

Had to take my car into the garage this morning as I could hear an odd rattling sound. Collected it this evening and the rattle was a stone in the brake system! Car was washed and waxed and looks brand new again. I love my Skoda!

Manic at work today – our lovely student has finished her rotation with us, our TL is off now on Maternity leave and two people off sick today, mean't we were flying round trying to rehab 29 patient's between a handful of people! There is no 'bank' cover for the rehabilition teams in the hospital, but there is for nurses!

Had a lovely christmas card from my friend Lorraine in Colchester (where I used to live) – HELLO Lorraine!

No comments:

Post a Comment