SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 2 December 2012

Late Start to the Day!

I woke up ridiculously late and sat with my injured ankle on a bag of peas to reduce the swelling and pain. I was so lazy and was still in my dressing gown by mid afternoon! I then made another stupid decision as I decided I wanted some air. I drove to Titchwell RSPB. It was painful to change gear with my sore shoulder and it was painful to walk. I hobbled along the main path at Titchwell for a short distance. No sympathy from anyone please, all my own doing!

Birds seen at Titchwell were: a treecreeper on the willow tree at the start of the main path, a water rail by Island Hide, loads of golden plover, teal, shoveler, pintail, 2 avocets, little egrets, 1 snipe etc. 4 marsh harriers were gliding over the reed beds in the setting sun, west of the main path. By the Fen Hide I watched another 5 marsh harriers and 1 ring-tailed Hen Harrier and also another water rail. Popped into my parents briefly on the way home.

Watched X-Factor – I can't believe that Chris Maloney is still in and also in the bl**dy finale next week! Yes he can sing, but he hasn't got the passion, soul or 'oomph' of James or Jahmene. James Arthur to win PLEASE!

Main Highlights in Norfolk – RBA
Waxwings at Titchwell, Holme, Walpole Highway, Sheringham, Fakenham, Thetford, Acle, Taverham, Castle Acre, Ranworth, Letheringsett
Shorelark at Morston
SURF SCOTER at Weybourne
Snow Buntings x 8 at Horsey
Richardson's Canada Goose, Walsey Hills, Salthouse
Hen Harrier at Cley
Short-eared Owl, Snow Buntings x 9 at Winterton
Velvet Scoter at Overstrand
Taiga Bean Goose x 35 at Buckingham
Velvet Scoter x 3, Purple Sandpiper at Sea Palling
Snow Bunting x 41 at Caister-on-Sea
Short-eared Owls x 4 at Haddiscoe
Hen Harrier x 3 and a Swallow! at Roydon

No comments:

Post a Comment