SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 1 December 2012

Christmas Party!

A young lady at work organised a huge party for all of Rehabilitation Services which consists of all Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Therapy Assistants and office staff. The Christmas party was held as a private function at the Linnet Lounge, which is at the football club in King's Lynn. I love to dance with a passion and I had planned for a long night ahead! I don't drink as a rule, but make the exception at some Christmas Parties! It was great seeing everyone dressed up in their finest attire and having a good time. Black-eyed Peas 'Don't Stop the Party' got me spinning on the dance floor. Lots of vodka was consumed and more! There were around 75 of us, not too bad a turn out really. There was a raffle at 9pm and I actually won a prize! I had a taxi booked at 11.45pm and then went on to Kudos, a club in town with Sarah, Claire, Jules, Suzi, Cilla, Amy, Phil, Becs and others. I had obviously consumed too much vodka, as I fell over when I was dancing. The energetic way that I dance, combined with alcohol doesn't really mix! I can't remember how I fell exactly, or getting up again, but I found out later that I had injured my ankle! Apart from Amy, most of the youngsters had left by 1.30am(ish). I continued dancing until 2.45am – not too bad for an oldie! No stamina these youngsters!!! I had booked a taxi earlier to pick me up at 3am, but when I went outside at 2.45am to ring the taxi firm to say I was ready, they said they hadn't been able to hear where I wanted picking up from! No problem I decided, as there were about five taxis waiting to take my money. As I walked along to select a taxi, I did something absolutely crazy – I decided not to part with any money and proceeded to walk two miles home! I only had a short jacket on and it was freezing cold and very frosty. I would never, ever take the risk of walking home alone at 3am, but I did today. I power walked/ran home and I couldn't believe how quickly I got back. As I put the key in the front door, I was still asking myself why I had made that crazy decision! My ankle was killing me from when I fell earlier and then I slipped on the stairs later on and as I tried to stop myself falling, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder!!! Lessons to be learn't here – don't drink and party 'til dawn!!! But it was worth it as I have not partied for a long, long time and I had had a wicked night out.

2 comments:

  1. Norfolk birding blog of the year. A great read!

    I'd have needed a "pitstop" long before you did!

    ReplyDelete