SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 15 December 2012

Crappy Day!

I woke up too early after my late night and couldn't get back to sleep. When I eventually got up, I discovered to my horror that my whole back garden was filled with a gigantic leylandi tree that had fallen from a neighbour's garden through my fence, greenhouse and is dangerously close to my house and also of going through the next fence into my other neighbour's garden. Now I presume this happened yesterday in the strong winds, but of course I wouldn't have known about, as I arrive home from work in the dark. You would have thought the neighbour would at least had the decency to come round or pop a note in my door or something! I phoned my insurers 'Direct Line' who asked me to get the man's name and his insurers name etc, so I went round to his house but frustratingly no one was in. I put a note through his door to ask him to ring me to discuss this. It's now 5.15pm and I have not heard a thing from him, so going round there again is a minute. The neighbour came round to my house mid evening and said he would remove some branches tomorrow to relieve some of the weight to stop the tree falling further and then get in a tree surgeon to remove the rest.
I was going to Titchwell birding for the afternoon which of course I wasn't then able to. Massively pi**ed off. When I went round to the neighbour's house earlier I decided to visit another neighbour who's trees also overhang my garden to discuss with them about cutting these down to a safe height. The couple were really nice and I also discovered that they are property developers and that they would be interested in my property if I wanted to sell it. I DO want to sell my house, in fact its my mission to get out of this place by end of 2013 and rent somewhere instead. Anyone out there with an annexe/large apartment to rent in beautiful grounds in north west Norfolk please?
Main Highlights in Norfolk – RBA
Waxwings at Titchwell, Holme, Heacham, Stiffkey, Norwich
Taiga Bean Geese x 40, Common Crane x 3 at Buckingham Marshes
Rough-legged Buzzard at Haddiscoe
Water Pipit at Strumpshaw
Common Crane x 7 at Welney WWT
Ring-necked Duck and Common Scoter at Whitlingham Country Park
Slavonian Grebe at Thorpe Broad, Norwich
Hawfinch x 4 at Lynford Arboretum
Hen Harrier, Slavonian Grebe, Long-tailed Duck x 4 at Titchwell RSPB
Bewick's Swans x 2 at Geldeston
Hen Harrier x 7 at Wareham Greens
Black-throated Diver at Holme
American Wigeon at Bawburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment