SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas at Holme

I got up early and cooked roast potatoes and honey roasted parsnips to help my mother out with christmas lunch. The sun made a half hearted attempt to break through the clouds this morning, but disappeared in the afternoon to be replaced by grey skies and rain. I then picked Lucy and Vivien up and we spent a lovely day with my parents. I nearly always go for a walk on Christmas Day, but I felt ridiculously tired and I fell asleep in the afternoon. In fact for the first time that I can remember, we all snoozed in different rooms at the same time, for about an hour – the whole house was unusually silent! Must be old age, I reckon! None of us are getting any younger. Father found it difficult to cope with four women all day though, bless him. I didn't think that father would make christmas to be honest, after having his stroke in April, but he has and I am so glad he is still here with us.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Xmas Penny, a bit late but I see you had a good day. Boxing day looks like a good one for you, not so good for me though, I've got to work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue! Hope you and Steve had a great Christmas. I am working Thursday and Friday!

    ReplyDelete