SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 29 December 2012

Bird News etc!

Main Highlights for Norfolk – RBA
Richardson's Canda Goose at Gramborough Hill, Salthouse
Great White Egret at Chedgrave
Waxwings x 8 at Norwich
Rough-legged Buzzard at Waveney Forest
Waxwing, Red Kite, Yellow-legged Gull, Water Pipit, Red-crested Pochard at Titchwell RSPB
Bittern at Lynford Aboretum
Black Brant at Holkham


Another Saturday where I couldn't go birding! Didn't really feel well enough from the last two days and in any case had insurance stuff to sort, jobs to do and boring stuff that its not worth writing about!

As the year draws to a close I have been thinking about which was the most spectacular bird that I saw in 2012. Mega bird of the year for me was without a doubt the Cream-coloured Courser. But one of the most magical moments of the year was watching gannets fishing close inshore as I sat on the shingle between Cley and Halfway House. Oh and of course the Bee-eater at Cley – how could I forget about my favourite bird! I am sure I will think of more later on........

Looking forward to New Year's Day when I WILL be out birding – doing my solo bird race again!

2 comments:

  1. Only started reading your blog a short while ago and i enjoy it very much.
    I hope you have a fantastic 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul
    Thank you very much indeed. Glad you enjoy my ramblings! Happy New Year to you.

    Best Wishes Penny

    ReplyDelete