SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 1 November 2012

Review of the 'Art Cafe' at Glandford!

The best cafe I have been to in Norfolk!

But for you carnivores its vegetarian, so no bacon butties I'm afraid!

The exterior of the Art Cafe is painted and presented beautifully, but for some reason I have never been enticed inside. It's always appeared a bit lifeless when I have driven past it, as though there were no customers. The reason for this I realised is because the front part of the interior is the arts and crafts area, so you wouldn't see the cafe and customers until you opened the door! Maybe this should be reversed? As they say 'don't judge a book by its cover'. As you walk through the door you are surrounded by contemporary arts, crafts and beautiful creations for sale. A huge rocking horse is suspended on the one of the beams at the far end. Several different shaped tables and colourfully painted chairs seat a good number of people in the cafe area. A piano is also situated at the far end where they hold free concerts, monthly before lunch – see the website for details. A wood burning stove adds to the very warm and relaxed atmosphere and jazz music was playing at a comfortable volume. I just knew the food was going to be scrumptious! I ordered sweet potato and ginger soup with granary bread. This was the best soup and bread I have ever eaten anywhere! I could have easily ordered more. The staff were all very efficient and looked professional and unflustered. I had no idea until I studied the menu that this cafe was purely vegetarian which for me was fabulous news. The soup was priced at £4.25 which for the quality was very reasonably priced. The menu is changed every couple of weeks I was told and they cater for special dietary requirements if requested. All the main course meals I saw being served looked amazing. This will be my new lunch venue when I don't have sandwiches. I can't wait to go back again. Highly recommended!

Also note that Cleyspy is a few yards from the Art Cafe.

http://www.art-cafe.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment