SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 24 November 2012

Hot Shop!

Sadly no birding today as too many other things and errands to do, including shopping for christmas party outfits etc! Raining all day here, rubbish weather.

I ended up spending the evening in the new enormous £40 million pound Sainsbury's Superstore which has just opened this week, on Hardwick industrial Estate. The store is 72,000 sq ft. I have never seen a store that vast, it took ages to walk round. The store had everything you could possibly think of and is now far superior to either of the large Tescos Stores in town. It has a phone shop, sells computers, pharmacy, dentist, nail bar, opticians, huge cafe (upstairs), vast clothes and homeware section, stationary, craft stuff and the list goes on!

I got a shock a few day's ago when I returned home to find a message on my landline phone from the 'Admissions' Department at the QEH asking me to ring them. I rang the next day to find they had been offering me a cancelled operation slot for that day!!! Whilst I was talking to them I requested that it is not carried out until January, as I don't want to think about this before Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you realised that the new store is really eco friendly/renewables powered? (as much as these things can be).

    scan thru this:
    http://www.j-sainsbury.co.uk/media/latest-stories/2012/20121121-sainsburys-energy-efficient-store-opens-in-kings-lynn/

    regards

    Ed

    ReplyDelete