SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 7 July 2012

Crappy Day all round!

After the shocking news of Robin Abel's sudden death I felt rock bottom today – goodness knows how his closest and dearest friends are feeling, never mind his family - my heart goes out to you all.

My original plans were to go to RSPB Frampton today as I have not been there for a very long time and wanted to see how this reserve had developed since my last visit. I see on RBA a White-rumped Sandpiper turned up there today!

Its been torrential rain most of the day with a few sunny intervals. Currently pouring with rain as I write at 8.30pm. I was going to Festival Too this evening to watch the Brand New Heavies, but most definately not in the mood for it now.

All I managed to do today is to get up, eat and watch tennis. Oh and also booked my tickets for Bird Fair on line – very easy to do and cheaper than paying on the day, see here

Congratulations to Serena Williams who beat Agnieszka Radwanska in the Wimbledon Final - see here – I wanted Agnieszka to win though – she worked so hard when she was obviously so ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment