SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Golden Oriole makes the headlines!

I wasn't impressed with my Golden Oriole pictures at all really - I mean don't get me wrong, I was pleased I'd got a few shots, but none were sharp by a long way. So it was pleasing when RBA asked to use my pictures for Mark Golley's weekly round up on their site and I also had a couple more surprises. An email arrived from Radio Norfolk asking me to phone them as they were going to be 'talking golden orioles at Snettisham on BBC Radio Norfolk this morning' and could they have a 'quick word on the phone' with me about them? - well by the time I saw this email via iphone it was 1pm in my lunch - of course my phone has to be switched off completely at work and so did not see the message until the broadcast had been and gone! Hey ho! Now the Lynn News have contacted me to use my pictures for their paper! Surely other people must have taken better shots than myself - its been there since Sunday evening!!! I also can't believe its still here today!

Rare Bird Alert Weekly round-up: 25 April - 01 May 2012
http://www.rarebirdalert.co.uk/v2/Content/weeklyreview2012no9.aspx?s_id=177208983

No comments:

Post a Comment