SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 9 December 2011

Its Friday!!!!!

Its 5 'o Clock and its CRACKERJACK!!!!!!!!

Only anyone over 40 years old, will have a clue what I am going on about!!!

My appraisal was today and its all over for another year, thank goodness. Now I can concentrate on other jobs.

Whilst driving out to see a patient today I was travelling at exactly 60mph and a pheasant ran out into the road, stopped dead centre in front of the car and looked at me - dozy bird!!! There was no way I was going to brake and swerve at that speed, it was the bird or Zoe and I - I am glad I choose the right option! Had the pheasant carried on running, he would have made it. I think this is the first bird I ever killed, I have always managed to avoid hitting any birds. They say things happen in threes. The second incident was someone pulling out of a side road in front of me when I was travelling at 60mph and pulled out slowly out aswell, don't some drivers just wind you up! The third incident was a person breaking in front with no brake lights - great!!! We got back in one piece!!! Stressful day!

MOT tomorrow morning. If the car passes, I will eat my hat! It never does! If it costs alot to put through, it will be left at the garage and I will be buying a bus pass. Ohhhps no, I am not quite that old yet, but I will be birding on public transport - oh what fun that will be, not!!! You can't get anywhere early from Lynn, not early enough for a mega at dawn anyway! I found that out to my cost, when I had no car for about two months when doing my 'Surfbirds' county list in 2009. Not having a car cost me several ticks! Might buy a lottery ticket for Saturday night. X-Factor Final Saturday and Sunday evening - looking forward to that - hope 'Little Mix' win.

VOTE for "Little Mix"!!!

I don't know how people can afford to run all these christmas lights, although there certainly are not as many around my estate as there normally are at this time of the year. If the car passes tomorrow I may venture over to Titchwell RSPB to see the Coues's Arctic Redpoll, but staying local, as weather forecast not good and also need to sort my bird tables and drinking baths out and tidy the patio.

Western Sandpiper still at Cley today, which is good for those that have not seen it yet. Also at Cley a massive number of 57 Little Auks!!! a Short-eared Owl, Water Pipit and the Green-winged Teal remains. 4 Tundra Bean Geese south of Brancaster with pink-footed geese. A Greenland White-fronted Goose between Stanhoe and North Creake.

No comments:

Post a Comment