SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 20 October 2011

Crap Day!

A seriously crappy day at work followed by more crap later when I finished.

Drove into town after work, which takes around 25 minutes in the atrocious traffic at night. Just made it into M&S to return an item and then returned to car to notice an almost flat tyre! Now 5.30pm. Phoned my garage who close at 5.45pm. Just made it to them by 5.45pm after queueing in more traffic and they very kindly put the spare tyre on for me and then I needed to come back tomorrow to collect the mended, punctured tyre. After putting the spare on, they discovered that this was also flat!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!! They also pointed out that at least two of my tyres needed changing anyway as they are close to being illegal. So had to leave the car at the garage and walk an hour and a quarter home, through the dodgy streets of King's Lynn. I consumed chocolate on the way home to drown my sorrows. Arrived home to listen to next door's new dog barking and howling all evening. Its a good job I don't drink - if I did, I think I would be an alcoholic! GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now in very low mood and going to bed. Long walk to work in the morning and another hour and quarter walk back to garage tomorrow night and a nice bill aswell. Going to have to go back to work on Sunday's again permanantly, which is very frustrating. I have tried to get away with not working Sundays since June and its being extremely enjoyable having whole weekends. I also bought a lottery ticket on the way home - you have to live in hope!

ONLY good news today is that my parents had a Turtle Dove in their garden.

2 comments:

  1. Never rains but it pours! Hope you have more luck with the lottery ticket.

    ReplyDelete